Types of Plastics
There are about 50 different groups of plastics, with hundreds of different varieties. All types of plastic are recyclable. To make sorting and thus recycling easier, the American Society of Plastics Industry developed a standard marking code to help consumers identify and sort the main types of plastic. These types and their most common uses are:
-Fizzy drink bottles and oven-ready meal trays.
-is the most common for single-use bottled beverages, because it is inexpensive, lightweight and easy to recycle. It poses low risk of leaching breakdown products. Recycling rates remain relatively low (around 20%), though the material is in high demand by remanufacturers.
- Bottles for milk and washing-up liquids.
- is a versatile plastic with many uses, especially for packaging.
- Pipes, fittings, window and door frames (rigid PVC). Thermal insulation (PVC foam) and automotive parts
- is tough and weathers well, so it is commonly used for piping, siding and similar applications.
- Carrier bags and bin liners etc.
- is a thermoplastic made from petroleum.it was the first grade of polyethylene.
- caps, straws, syrup bottles, ketchup bottles,food container
- often used for food containers, particularly those that need to be dishwasher safe. The melting point of polypropylene is very high compared to many other plastics, at 320°F (160°C), which means that the hot water used when washing dishes will not cause polypropylene dishware to warp
- Disposable plates and cups, meat trays, egg cartons, compact disc cases
- is an inexpensive and hard plastic,and probably only polyethylene is more common in your everyday life.
- includes all other resins and multi materials.properties depend on plastic or combination of plastics.(ABS,PC etc.)